Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Last Few Christmas Crafts




I didn't have time to make too many handmade presents this year. Apart from the doggy-face tree ornaments and embroidered pillow, these are the only handmades I gave this year. I think it makes sense they were both for my mom, since she is categorically just the best. I made all of these while on vacation in the States for Thanksgiving (that post is coming eventually). I  had brought all my embroidz supplies with me, knowing we'd be spending loads of time in the car, and I was able to get both of these done on the road to and from NYC. They are both just little doodles I made. I think the fox was a lot cuter in my head than he turned out, but overall I'm happy. 


My aunt Judy and I also made these vanilla-peppermint candles for my mom. We were trying to recreate this one Whole Foods candle scent she loved from years ago, that is sadly not available anymore. I have made candles before, but never using soy wax. It burns cleaner and for longer, so that's a plus in my book. They were incredibly easy to make. We mixed 1 part peppermint essential oil to 1 part vanilla scent oil to get the delicious balance. The sweetness of the vanilla takes the strong edge off the peppermint without being too sickly. Thanks Joody! :) And thanks to my sister for all these photos. 

xoxo

1 comment:

Tarisa said...

I love how the fox turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...