Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mamma Di Paola

I'm pleased to announce that I now have a cute new job in an artisan pizza van making posh pizzas that are organic, healthy, vegetarian-friendly and made in environmentally-friendly ways. Oh, and they are SO GOOD. 
This may just be a silly pizza truck on the surface, but it has actually changed the way I think about both food and business. I've always been somewhat conscious about the food I eat and where it comes from, but honestly, not as much as I should be. But the process of making fresh dough daily and turning it into pizzas that people then buy for their lunch, has somehow ignited some kind of passion in me for high-quality good food, which has subsequently altered how I shop and cook for myself, and what I crave. I'm leaning towards less meat generally but better organic meat, and as few preservatives and non-natural chemicals as possible. If I can't pronounce it, I probably don't want it in my food.


Also, being directly involved in a small start-up is fueling my entrepreneurial spirit and it's a type of creativity that I crave. I'm kind of ashamed to admit how often I used to eat at Subway for lunch and in the process, I would pass by countless small independent cafes without thinking twice, because Subway [and the like] was cheaper and tried-and-tested. Now I'm excited about trying food from other street traders [there are loadssss around Edinburgh if you start to pay attention] and about supporting local, independent businesses. It's funny because I've always had that ethos when it comes to handmade products but I'm only now starting to become aware of the handmade food revolution too. I love it! I'm such a hippie, I know.











Daily specials: Courgettes, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Chorizo; Mushrooms, Pine nuts & Wild Garlic Pesto; Pear, Stilton & Walnuts; and fresh organic tomatoes from Evelyn's own garden.

And we have delicious handmade cakes, as well as homemade honey lemonade.

What could be better than going to work and getting to play kitchen all day?

 I have really enjoyed learning and perfecting how to make dough to the point of having, what the youth might term, 'mad skills, yo.' 

***

If you are so inclined, please feel free to social media with us! Like us on facebook and follow us on twitter! :) 

xoxo

5 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

This looks like such a fun place to work! And I understand about your whole entrepreneurial spirit... I have been thinking and acting on different schemes lately.

Kelly's Korner said...

Super cool Jenny! I think abut those things with food a lot too. It depends on my energy level thgh and sadly I still indulge in the food court on occasion. Yuck. It's amazing how much stuff they sell at the commissary that does not come home with me. It's hard work to eat right! Glad you've found an awesome place to work!

Megan said...

Hummunuh hummunuh hummunuh looks so pretty! I'm so glad you're working on something that connects with you, and I'm extra glad I'll be home soon so I can come buy some pear and stilton pizza from you!!!

Corinnea said...

What a fantastic job! The pizza looks amazing. Look forward to seeing what you do with your experience.

Tarisa said...

I'm pretty sure that MUCH has happened since this last post...and, as much as I love artisan pizza, I'm more interested in ANOTHER POST! Please, for us post-deprived denizens of your blog...more, more, more! :)

it's your own darn fault for being so amusing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...