Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaaack

 HELLO BLOG. I missed you!! But I'm pleased to announce my return to semi-regular blogging! I'm not entirely done with school stuff [I still have one pesky essay and a measly exam standing between me and graduation. But whatever. My dissertation is in.] In the last two weeks I've done a lot of sleeping and a lot of nothing. Oh, glorious nothing. This past weekend I was in Aberdeenshire with my boyfriend's lovely family. But I didn't take a single picture the whole time. However, in true Jenny fashion, I do have about a dozen pictures of a scone for your viewing pleasure. 


 





















You see, it all started when my middle school friend Megan messaged me
 that she would be up in Edinburgh for a few days and we should meet up. We worked out a plan for brunch on Wednesday morning. I picked her up and took her to Lovecrumbs, the cutest of the cute and the hipsterest of the hipster cafes for some cakey goodness. The kind of place where none of the chairs or mugs match and you can sit on huge pillows in the alcove by the window and pretend you're mannequins when people walk by outside.
 We hadn't seen each other in 9 years and we basically just picked up where we left off. I LOVE it when that happens. Saying things like, 'oh yeah, i can't believe that was 11 years ago' makes me feel super old, but in a good, I-know-about-the-ways-of-the-world kind of way. Except I really don't. But that's why I enjoy moments like this, where I can sit back, eat my scone and drink my coffee, and pretend I do. 





And that, my friends, is why you're getting so many pictures of a scone. Not because it was a pretty + delicious scone [though it definitely was], but because it was a scone laden with importance. A Scone with a capital S. That made me feel like the grown-up, almost-graduate and soon-to-be-dweller of the Real World that I am, one who can meet up with old friends for coffee and discuss things that took place 'in our childhood' with a nostalgic air, and one who has to make scary decisions about the future, but knows they're never actually that scary as long as there's a delicious scone to be had. And that is basically a universal truth.

Megan + Jenny

 And just for good measure, here's a glimpse of the *&$#*@ that has so cruelly kept me away from this little blog for far too long. I love it and loathe it.

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on finishing your dissertation and for realizing that now that it is completed, the rest is cake (or scones) How exciting to be on the edge of adulthood and the big wide world :) Welcome. Jennybean.

Jennifer said...

Jenny's baaaack!!! What will you do when school is out? You CAN'T leave Scotland!!!

Kelly's Korner said...

Our little girl is all grown up! :) I remember that moment of finally feeling like an adult. Last year some time... Haha!

emily said...

Yaaay congrats Jenny! Friendships like that are the best, they're so comfortable :) also that scone looks amazing...I've been meaning to go to lovecrumbs for ages and that might be the kick in the butt I need.

Tarisa said...

Welcome back...and you totally nailed what it's like to be a grown-up - it's almost exclusively scones. Although, to be honest, there is also the occasional muffin, but not until you're over 30.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...