Here's what I used:
*1 can of cooked chickpeas, drained
* 1 can of stewed tomatoes plus juices
* 1 cup of fresh leaf spinach
* 1 sweet potato, chopped
* 3 new potatoes, chopped
* 1/2 red onion, chopped
* About 1 cup red cooking wine [ie that bottle of wine we opened and drank most of last weekend]
* Squirt lemon juice
* 1/4 can canned curry sauce
* Paprika, herbs, salt, pepper, other spices to taste
In a large pot, I let the chickpeas, tomatoes (and juice), and onion simmer on medium and added the wine, lemon juice, and curry sauce. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
While the pot is simmering, chop the potatoes, sweet and regular, into little cubes and boil them in a small pan on high heat. When they're soft but not totally done (5-7 minutes), add them to the stew pot and let it do its thing.
When the stew is piping hot [but never boiling] and a taste test reveals that everything is as it should be, it's ready! For me the whole thing took about 15 minutes and made 3 huge servings. For a pittance! :)