Friday, February 22, 2013

From Boxy to Beauty

Here's an extremely simple tee-shirt refashion I did the other night.. this teeshirt is a Large Men's I bought at a discount shop for an 80's party a while ago. I had cut a boat-neck and wore it hanging off one shoulder with a high ponytail, scrunchy, and legwarmers. It was extremely The Wedding Singer, if you must know. But that's not really my everyday style. :) So I refashioned it!
I simply turned it inside out and laid a favorite tee of mine over the top. I pinned the outline of my beloved snug tee onto this one, and just went to town with my machine. I made the sleeves much tighter and sewed a more flattering and feminine tapered shape into the body. Easy peasy!

I also added a cute lace ribbon detail on the sleeves, by rolling the hem of the sleeve over, pinning this elastic lace underneath, and topstitching. The lace is another sweet bundle of beauty I scored at work. They were the napkin ring-ties at a gorgeous vintagey wedding I worked at, and they were all going into the trash at the end of the day. Ummm. What kind of person would I be if I didn't put a stop to that wasteful madness?? 

And the final step was to cut a raw edge into the bottom hem, and pull it tightly across until it rolled beautifully. Welcome to 2013, baggy men's teeshirt!

***

Obsessed with Bon Iver.





xoxo

6 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

I love it! So clever. But why is it that you are now doing more sewing than me? I'm so jealous...

Adrienne said...

too cute. And you look lovely!

Kelly's Korner said...

Very fun, and I love your pictures! Very Profi-blogger looking!

Jennifer said...

I loooooooooooooove this! Love the color and the sleeves (best part). Adorable! the photos are awesome. I love the Farrah Faucet hair:) Perfection.

Corinnea said...

Very cute shirt and very cute hair!!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!! a

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...