Saturday, December 29, 2012

Geneva


 My family and I just came back from 3 days in Geneva for my great aunt's 100th birthday celebration. This lady is sharper than a tack, walks unaided, and is probably healthier than I am. She is unbelievable. I hope those good genes live on through me!! Anyways, it was nice to catch up with my cousins and such, but rather than plaster the blog with family photos, I thought I would share some snapshots of our walk through Geneva this morning before driving home. It's been too long since I discovered a new little city. It was freezing cold but sunny, and the center was so photogenic!
And here's one token shot of the Alps from a rest stop on the drive home. Really made me want to go hiking or skiing!

It was so clean and well-kept; exactly what you'd expect of Switzerland. Shops like Rolex, Vuitton, Chanel, Chopard, etc. tucked in between picturesque cafes and old churches, all nestled on the edge of a beautiful lake and surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Oh my. Our hotel was in Gaillard--the French side of the city, since Geneva falls right on the French-Swiss border-- which is more of a suburban/residential area. We only got one morning to explore so I definitely can't speak for the whole city, but what I saw was definitely a millionaire's paradise. I may be lacking in the funds department, so I settled for taking a million photos instead. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...