Friday, November 9, 2012

These Will Most Likely Change Your Life

These puff pastry pockets can't be beat because they are extremely easy to make and you can put whatever filling you want in them! I made these for a friend's birthday where everyone was bringing a dish so I splashed out for some good chorizo and goat's cheese, but you can use anything [I made them as mini apple pies here].

I added chopped onions, diced sweet potatoes, and fresh spinach leaves, along with the sliced chorizo, into a large mixing bowl and tossed with olive oil, garlic, and herbs. Then I filled the pockets of pre-made puff pastry, topped with crumbled goat's cheese, and baked for 18 minutes. 

I have a lot of veggie and vegan friends too, so I just omitted the meat and/or cheese on some of them and they were a huge hit! Puff pastry is entirely vegan, so if anyone is stuck on what to cook for vegan friends I would totally recommend it! 

I wholeheartedly believe they fall into the category of 'Student Food that Tastes Like Real Food' because they're relatively cheap, can be made healthy, are very easy to make, and can be made with any ingredients you have on hand [think tuna, mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, bacon cubes, leeks, chicken, etc!]. And the one basic idea will never get boring! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...