Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tea Time!

My love for tea is well-documented on this blog [and every other aspect of my life, for that matter]. So naturally, the idea of handmade teabags with loose-leaf tea has always intrigued me. We tried it out last week at Create Soc and I'm so pleased with the results!

It couldn't be easier! These shapes are traced and cut from unbleached natural muslin, and hand-stitched with embroidery floss. When about a finger's width remains unstitched, heap roughly 2 teaspoons into the opening and stitch it up. Leave a length of embroidery floss hanging off the end for the brewing string. I added little handwritten tags on the end of mine and stuck them down with a dab of glue. The label could be the type of tea you used, a sweet message for the recipient, or anything else.
They would make such great personalized presents for the tea enthusiast, especially if you made your own blend [which I know there are guides for online]. We made a test bag which we steeped in hot water and the stitch-length, although it looks too wide, was actually perfect for keeping the tea contained, and the little fraying threads weren't a problem either.
I'm going to perfect my Christmas chai blend! Oh, what a hard life. :)

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1000 ideias facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...