Monday, November 12, 2012

Handmade Throw Pillow # 607949584

Here's a pillow I made for Megan's 21st last weekend. Apologies for the badly-lit photos, but I didn't finish the pillow right up until I had to leave for her party at like 10pm... oops. She and I lived together for 2 years and very often stayed up until the wee hours drinking tea [aka Nectar of the Gods on a cold Scottish winter's night] and chatting about whatever. So, I thought I would celebrate the old ladies we are with a tea-themed pillow!! :) 

 
The backing fabrics are my much-coveted Freshcut by Heather Bailey and Wee Woodland by Keiki for Moda. I also used some pom-pom trim, which, if I'm honest, was a bit of a biatch to sew but I think it was worth it! :)

 The inspiration for the teacup face came from here [scroll all the way down].

 I'm not sure if she noticed this but I made the cup lefty-friendly because we always complain that often teacups have designs that can only be seen when held with the right hand... just another one of the many injustices of being left-handed... [and on that note, I have a disproportionately large number of lefty friends if you consider we're only supposed to be 10% of the world population... maybe we seek each other out with little lefty beacons?]
 xoxo

3 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Very cute!

Megan said...

I <3 my tea pillow!!!!!1

Thank you sooo much for all the time and effort you put into this :) I cuddle it every evening as I sleep and it makes me so happy to wake up to it every morning! I have named the happy teacup Anita.

I must confess I did not notice the lefty mug but I have now and omg what a stroke of genius! You are the cutest. XD

Pompom trim is very much appreciated, I can't imagine the pillow without it! Love you!!

And by the way, when I hit 'more of this please', I mean it quite literally: I mean I want you to make me MORE OF THESE PILLOWS PLEASE. xoxox

pearlswirl said...

:) Thank you!!!! Megan, i loved making this for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...