Sunday, October 14, 2012

Is This the Best Magazine Ever Printed?

YES.

 When my mom visited last month she brought this food bible with her, and I think it's safe to say it made me love her more. Pictured here is the orange-cranberry loaf she made from it, and also some oatmeal-chocolate chip-cranberry cookies I made [i have a thing for crannies, I think], which, honest to God, are better than subway cookies. These are high praises from someone who used to eat subway an average of 3 times a week.
  These cookies were incredible in every way, apart from maybe the description in the magazine. Apparently it has become passe to call something a cookie, and it seems the appropriate term is now 'Lunchbox Drop'. WTF. Call a spade a spade. This is a freaking cookie. But a delicious one at that. So delicious that I'm willing to overlook the ridiculousness that is renaming a cookie to lunchbox drop.
The sad conclusion to this story is that she took the magazine back with her, but not before I snapped photos of all the recipes pages and now have them safely stored in my iPhoto library. Mwaha! This is, incidentally, what I now plan on doing with recipe books in stores. :) I had a long and crazy week of parties and going out almost every night [on top of my crazy London weekend], and I'm feeling a little rough for it now. I'm getting too old for these college shenanigans!! I think I'll compensate by making lots of baked goods this week  [seeing many more lunchbox drops on the horizon] and drinking tea by the bucket!

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.smartshanghai.com/articles/dining/central-perk

Kelly's Korner said...

Lunchbox drops...?!? I love cranberries too! I love cranberry bread with vanilla sauce. Mmmmm..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...