Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Folly

Autumn has arrived! The past few weeks have been intensely rainy, grey and cold. In short, they have been Scottish. But today was one of those incredible windless days with a still, low-hanging mist, where the air smells like a campfire and the fog drowns out all the noise. Together the fog, the silence, and the stillness combine to create your individual, tailor-made bubble of autumn. And it is bliss. 
These pictures are from my walk to campus in the morning. I'm sure I looked like a little oddball pulling out my camera on a path I walk at least 4 times a day. And it is almost guaranteed that someone I know saw me. But it was too beautiful not to! Plus, also, I am a little oddball. 
xoxo

4 comments:

Megan said...

What a fantastic idea, going out and photographing all that lovely weather :P

Beautiful, darling.

Adrienne said...

Lovely photos! That first one, with the fall leaves and green grass is the best.

Darla Dear said...

Fog is so beautiful! I need some more fog in my life.

And just pretend like you're a professional photographer ;) that's what I do when I feel awkward about whipping out the camera.

Jennifer said...

damn that place is gorgeous! I can smell the campfire and damp and ..all that good stuff. Thanks for taking us on your walk (as Corinnea just recently said to me!)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...