Saturday, October 27, 2012

Eleven Things Crossing My Mind While I Write This Essay In The Library

1. "You know what would perfectly get my point across in this paragraph? Bob Dylan's 'The Times They Are A-Changin'."

2. "The faster I drink this water, the sooner I get to leave my desk to go pee. And won't that be a welcome distraction! So chug chug baby."
 
3. ..."But I bet every college student tries to be clever and quote Dylan in an essay and it just never works"...

4. "But dammit, nobody says it like Bob does..."

5. "Hey, guy who's hacking up a lung but dragged himself into the library anyways so he could hog a computer to watch some Champions League: thanks for the Yellow Fever you're spreading. BTW hope your team scores an own goal."

6. ♫ ♪ "Come senators and congressmen, please heed the call! Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall..."

 7.  "Oh God, look at my word count! What have I done?! The end is nigh!!"

8. "Probably the most fun thing I could do in this entire building is stare at the back of that person's head for the next 73 minutes. Yeah, here we go..."

9. ♫ ♪ "And the first one now, will later be last. For the times, they are a-cha-a-ang-innnnnnn"

10. "Hey, girl who keeps running out to answer her phone: it might serve you well in the future to remember that leggings do not equal pants."

11. "Well I do believe it must be time for a coffee break!"

7 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Jenny, I love your homework posts!!!

Megan said...

Hahaha, I can totally identify with the random song-quoting urge. I almost quoted Monty Python's Life of Brian in last week's newspaper column. Not even joking. I even went on YouTube to find the official Spanish subtitle for 'What's the point of giving him the right to have babies if he can't have babies??!!'.

Predictably, that just led to half an hour being spent watching YouTube videos of the Life of Brian with Spanish subtitles.

Best wishes from the 2nd floor! xoxox

Sumit Goyal said...

This Blog is Nice i like it thank for share with me


outline

Jennifer said...

I like looking into your mind! cuckoo! It's funny how we try and get out of things and all of a sudden peeing sounds so fabulous!

Darla Dear said...

There was one time I spent about 6 hours in the Library trying to finish a paper. It's torture!

Anne Holbrook said...

I MISS YOU!

Madeline said...

10. "Hey, girl who keeps running out to answer her phone: it might serve you well in the future to remember that leggings do not equal pants."

YES. correct. you are hilarious, i love this. and like mom said, i miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...