Monday, September 10, 2012

Have A Drink... Or 6

One of the things we did while Mad was here was to make cute stuff for her new house. She's moving in a couple days to a fun new house with some friends and was psyched to get her craft on. I made her this felt coaster set over a couple days of non-stop movie and stupid tv-watching. We did lots of other little crafts as well.


Aren't they adorable?! The tree stump idea was found here and the lime slice idea is from here. The other four designs I came up with myself. Not sure how accurate my planet is, considering I have the tip of Australia directly south of Alaska... but whatever.

They're all hand-stitched. I'm coming to realize I find hand-stitching and embroidering extremely relaxing and satisfying. It gives you an excuse to watch something mindless for hours on end and still be "productive". I think this pizza or the little globe might be my favorites.

Is it obvious that this is a sushi roll?? It's supposed to be an avocado slice, smoked salmon, and the sweet egg thing. Like in a California Roll [i believe]. I think a whole set of different sushi types might be cute for the sushi enthusiasts out there.. what other shapes and objects could be done?

xoxo

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I loooooooooooooooove these!! I have been wanting to make the tree stump ones for my friend. I love all of yours; really good job Jenny! Love the world one and pizza. soo cute!

Kelly's Korner said...

Awesome! I did the tree stumps and fruit for Christmas gifts. I LOVE the sushi!

Katelyn R. said...

Sooo cute. Of course the world one is my favorite. A sun would be cute too and you could have little triangle rays hanging outside the glass.

pearlswirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pearlswirl said...

:D Thanks you guys! Katelyn that would be adorable! maybe i'll incorporate that idea into my next set since now i'm jealous and sad that i gave them away! As usual..

Yash... said...

I love them. They would look great under my whisky glasses. :-)

Anya said...

they are sweeeeet! like already said, you could do a sun and also a moon maybe! or like all the stages of the moon, ex full moon, new moon, half, ect. ect.

Anya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...