Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How To Be Fabulous = Homemade Lip Butter


The other day, when I saw this recipe for vaseline lip butter at The Wonder Forest, it instantly transported me back to my middle school years, and I clearly remember making the exact lip gloss tutorial from Seventeen magazine that she is talking about! I remember I used this abominable bright purple and added some lavender extract and I can still recall the smell it had: pride and love for my new creation, mixed with fear that my mom would come home and see me making a horrible mess in the master bathroom! :) 

 So I decided to try it with cocoa butter, which is a more natural product than the petroleum-based vaseline, and also naturally smells delicious. The results were so impressive that I wanted to share here on le blog, in case anyone might be looking for a way to recycle unwanted eyeshadow or blush. It would be great to try with school-age kids too [though maybe a little messy - but that's part of the fun]!


 1. Scoop cocoa butter into a small ramekin, and heat gently until it's softer and easy to stir-- either in the microwave or in a double boiler. 
2. Crush your powder make-up with a blunt tool, drop it into the cocoa butter, and stir until the color is evenly spread and you don't have bubbles.
3. Spoon into a small plastic container [such as the ones BEADS come in!]. You might need to clean up the outer surfaces of the container too.
4. Apply liberally and become [even more] kissable [than you already were]!

They would make great inexpensive mini-gifts too! If you designed a little sticker label with 'Berry Chocolate' or something like that...


And now you're fabulous, dahling! 

xoxo

P.S. I'm now writing from my new place and I will share photos very soon! [And Davide's here! For the whole month! but that's for another post...]

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oooh, fun! I've been pinning lip balm/butter recipes, but I haven't tried one yet. How does it feel on, using the eye shadow to color it?

pearlswirl said...

Well you can't get any easier than this one! Even with the eyeshadow, it feels just like plain cocoa butter on your lips. It makes them juicy and full and takes a long time to absorb into your lips because it's so rich! And then when the fatty cocoa butter has moisturized your lips, the color stays. Plus the smell....

Anonymous said...

I'm totally inspired to make this! it looks so easy and fun. :D

anya

Jennifer said...

is the color really rich when you put it on or subtle? This is such a cool idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...