Thursday, May 24, 2012

Classy Hippie

 That's how I see this dress I just finished: part bohemian hippie, part classy lady. It started as a half-hearted attempt at a maxi-skirt but wasn't working right and didn't look good (one of those moments where 'craft' turns into 'crap-t'). But then I thought 'what if I shift it upwards and belt it at the waist?!' and now I like it! I'm still undecided on whether the length is elegant or frumpy. I think the balance of bare shoulders with a lower hem works but I would love to hear your opinions... it's never too late to chop off the bottom panel...

 The grey fabric is recycled from an old tunic I never wore [but the red fabric is a new voile]. It's so airy and comfortable and has a single slit in the bottom grey panel. I added 3 beltloops too so everything stays secure and I can run and jump and prance [as I am likely to do at a moment's notice...] with ease.

Forgot to get a close-up of my 'i <3 handmade' tag but here's a photobooth shot anyways :) And now, to work on my tan!

xoxo

3 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Jenny, it looks super cute! I think the length is good. I think if you wanted to go shorter you would need to chop off a lot for it to look right. So I would leave it there. I love the red fabric!

Adrienne said...

Love the dress, LOVE the sandals! Too cute! As to the length, I second what Kelly said. :)

Jennifer said...

if you really wat to see it shorter then fold it under to where it would be and then take a photo. Let us see it! It's hard to determine without seeing it shorter. I do love it though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...