Monday, April 16, 2012

Lace Shorts


 I repurposed this lace from a sundress that I also refashioned, so that one item gave me two new ones (I'll show the sundress once it's totally finished). The lace has been dyed from its natural khaki green to this purplish color and I love it because the dye took more to the embroidered part than the mesh part so it's much easier to see and generally prettier. 

Anyways, I cut off a 2-inch chunk from the bottom of these high-waisted shorts I had since they were at that awkward halfway length, then I used steam-a-seam (a cheater's must-have accessory) to iron the lace to the inside seam of the leg. Ta-da! I took these pictures before the final step but I went back and stiched a few vital stitches around it too so it would stay secure. 

Vile carpet to match the vile walls...

My lace obsession continues...

xoxo

P.S. Check here to enter a giveaway and potentially win a $40 gift certificate to my shop!

3 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Very cute!

Anya said...

these are really *adorable*. Too bad the weather's not suitable for them huh!

Jennifer said...

super cute Jenny! The 1st shot makes them look like under-dress type shorts/bloomers. I love all the texture! And you dyed the lace!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...