Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring Fever

 The other morning I went for a walk and before I knew it my Feet had taken me to the fabric store, my Hands and Arms had pulled a bolt of lace, spotted by my Eyes, off the shelf and my Mouth asked the man to cut 3/4 of a meter. Well done, Body Parts. You pulled it off before Brain could shut the operation down with buzzkill comments like 'no time', 'stop spending moneys' or 'you don't really need another top'. 
 And now I have what I can easily call my favorite garment I've ever sewn myself EVER. I modeled it on a tank top I love the fit of plus added some sleevies. It's french-seamed (ooh la la) and the drape on this lace is just awesome.
 It dips lower in the back- I should have gotten pictures of that...
 Spring? Please? Yes? Mara and i had fun taking these pictures and my butt only got very very minorly wet so I'm calling that a tropical Scottish day.
xoxo

P.S. Check the sidebar here to see a lovely Pearlswirl ad and to get a special discount code!

8 comments:

Yash... said...

At least the body parts knew what they were doing. Nicely done. Great pictures.

Now gimme my karma.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Loved the bit about the body parts, you funny lady. Love the top and when you have time, you are defo making me one :) keep the funny posts coming. I feel like making a shirt now! Maddie xxx

Kelly's Korner said...

Oooh good job! Glad the brain kept quiet cuz that's a great shirt!

Darla Dear said...

Very lovely! I would love to take on some sewing projects myself, but my sewing machine recently broke, and I don't have the money to buy a new one.

I'm glad you found my blog through Etsy so that I can follow yours! Thanks for the comment :)

-Hannah
darladear.blogspot.com

pearlswirl said...

Thanks guys! Maddie, 'i see what i can do.' And Hannah, it's funny (well not funny, a broken machine is more of a tragedy) but mine broke immediately after i finished this top. Why are the gods of procrastination punishing me????

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Haha, brilliant post. Way to go body!
And by golly, what a beautiful top!

Jennifer said...

really pretty top jenny!

Bekah Joy said...

Amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...