Friday, March 23, 2012

One For The Handsewing Files

Sewed myself a little top by hand... I wouldn't recommend it! It wasn't even that it was difficult, just really long and tedious... [my sewing machine is still broken but I probably won't have funds to get it fixed til this summer.] But the finished product is worth it! I used a silky poly sheer with tiny velour polka dots. It feels like you're wearing a fluffy cloud.
Hand sewing... more like hand slowing. [Sorry, it had to be said...]

 I used this tutorial from Cotton and Curls, which I just have to mention here because I discovered her amazing blog [Liz] recently and she has great tutorials and refashions PLUS she lived in Shanghai for a bit so she knows all the best fabric shops and I want to retrace her steps when I'm there! Can you tell I'm getting seriously excited about this trip?! Just three weeks [and three essays...] to go!

The low-dipping round back is definitely my favorite part. This is another good item for the Me-Made-May challenge too!

xoxo 

P.S. I'm guest posting today on My Little Loves with tips for staying crafty and creative on a budget! 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

really pretty Jenny and major props for hand sewing! How long is that flight to CHina??

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG. IT IS FULL OF SUPER CUTE THINGS AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO READ. YOU ARE SO CREATIVE AND CUTE AND I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
M

pearlswirl said...

Thanks guys! Jen I think it's something like 13 hours... maybe i can sew myself another top in that time... is what you're saying?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...