Monday, March 19, 2012

Me-Made May

With the encouragement of my old boss/seamstress extraordinaire Kelly, I decided I'm going to try the Me-Made May challenge by Sozo, in which you wear at least one handmade item each day for the whole month! I adore this idea! I'll adapt it to be one handmade or refashioned piece of clothing. I figure handmade jewelry would be way too easy for me since i wear that every day anyways! But anything that I have sewn or refashioned or that's handmade by someone else is fair. It really gets you thinking about the origins of your stuff, and that's why I'm counting refashions, because they're more environmentally-friendly than buying new fresh fabric. 
 
I painted this tank top by drawing and cutting a bow design onto some contact paper and sticking the actual bow cut-out down to sponge around it and make a silhouette. It's the opposite of painting inside a design like this. I used the ever-awesome Dylon fabric paint which feels so soft and professional. SWEET.

In order for me to be totally prepared to ride out May in style, my To-Make list has now quintupled. [Thanks, Spellcheck, for assuring me that 'quintupled' is a word. Thanks also for letting me know that 'spellcheck' is not one.] Excellent. Lahv it dahling.

xoxo

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

what happened to "god kills kittens if you don't comment" ? That was too funny. Love the bow shirt! I really should be doing stuff like this. My wardrobe is so blah.

Kelly's Korner said...

I'm so excited!!! Me-made months changed my life! I'm glad you are doing refashions too. I have a small pile for refashioning but somehow they always stay on the bottom of the pile...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...