Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Heart Handmade

 Oh my oh my! I could hardly contain my excitement when I found this Sass & Belle ribbon at Edinburgh Fabric Store. Did I stop myself at buying one meter? I absolutely did not.

  I went back and added it to some of my favorite handmade garments, but it will look better in the future when i can just run it under the seam directly as I'm sewing. I LOVE it!

 Swiss-dot silk, crushed velvet and soft beautiful laces. These are the words that buy my love (Davide are you reading??)

I'm obsessed with clothes-making these days. The other day I was sitting in a two-hour lecture behind a girl wearing a really interesting part-flannel, part-silk shirt and i spent 1 hour 55 minutes trying to figure out how I could recreate it and what the pattern might look like. (And the last five minutes thinking about which store would sell that type of fabric). I see seams everywhere I go and I'm mesmerized by patterned fabrics. Especially mixing patterns; I've worn this outfit or something similar every day...
And here's a sneak peek of my latest creation which I'll be showing next. Do you know what it is?

xoxo

3 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

Your comment box is stupid, it just ate my comment. I'll try again if this goes through...

Katelyn R. said...

Okay now for what I had before..almost word for word.

Hey Jenny! I love your ribbon! did you know that my birthday is in April? Just thought you should. Aside from any subliminal message just put into your head I love how you went back and sewed it into all of your clothes. There is another ribbon like that one which says "this took forever" you should get it as well. What is it you are making???

Jennifer said...

I love the ribbon and i want to see the ribbon katelyn is talking about! What are you making??? A dress?????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...