Monday, December 26, 2011

Weeping Willow

 I hope everyone had a Merry Lovely Christmas! Mine was so nice; lots of eggnog, drinking whiskey with my dad, fun handmade presents, music and food. LOVE IT.

Weeping willow = Cockney rhyming slang for pillow.  
 
 I made a pillow for my sister with super cool London fabric I found in Edinburgh. This stuff is amazing. Finding it was a total coincidence, wish i could find some for every cool city. [THIS IS TO BE MY NEW QUEST.]

One side is this awesome printed map fabric which has a 'popout' of Southwark which is her exact neighborhood!! The other side has random London icons and things. It has a flap with little snaps so it can be cleaned if she spills Earl Grey tea or some other such British beverage upon it. I have an irrational obsession with pillows, especially British style ones (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C). But it's all pillows really. I don't discriminate. This one is huge and fluffy and delicious. I want it to be mine. Photos by The Schwess herself.


***



Being at home on the family computer, I keep finding lots of scans of me and my sister through the ages which I think are hilarious. Some cute, some capturing the essence of the awkward adolescent stage. These, my dahlings, are my Christmas present to you.






xoxo

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Adorable photos!! Merry Christmas, to you too. :)

Kelly's Korner said...

You guys are so funny!

Megan said...

My reactions to your photos are, in this order:

LOL, awkk, OMG COOT, lol again, lovely, cute again, SEXY AWESOME, dork, 'The Beech Nuts'?!, Doesn't surprise me; gorgeous.

Merry Christmas, happy new year and I'm just about to leave your flat - thanks again for having us! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...