Monday, December 12, 2011

Blog Love

I recently got awarded the Liebster Blog Award from my friend Megan! 

Here's what I found about this little award: 

Liebster is an award given to blogs that have less than 200 followers and deserve more recognition and encouragement. Here are some guidelines in giving or receiving the Award:
1. Thank the person that passed on the award. [THANKS DOLLFACE!]
2. Link back to that blogger.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my five picks:


1. Megan's blog A Trail of Breadcrumbs
She writes regularly about her amazing adventures living and volunteering at a family shelter in Costa Rica. I'm so proud of her and everything she's done this semester. She's flying back in a couple short days, gets to spend a lovely and relaxing Christmas here at her home, and then she's off to Strasbourg for another amazing semester, this time at university there. I am confident that this will be the year of her life and I can't wait to meet up this Saturday (!!) for ice-skating, mulled wine and hearing her fantastic stories! Check out her blog for insightful posts about what it's like to backpack around Costa Rica, teach marketing workshops, and make a difference in people's lives! Oh and she is also an expert bookbinder who keeps saying she'll post photos of her finished books. (And you're not a liar, are you Megan?!?!)


The photo above is the view out her window. I know right. Incredible. Anyways, she wrote some really nice things about me on her blog, and I hope she enjoys reading these lovely truths about herself. 


2. The Knicks of Knacks
This is the blog of my friend Katelyn, also the manager of Patch Multi-Crafts, aka the most fabulous place to work on earth. (Although when I worked there she was just a lowly staff like me. She's moving up in the world!) Anyways, Katelyn churns out the most beautiful handmade quilts like I churn out post-its saying 'buy milk'. By the time I've written a follow-up 'Jenny, you still need to buy milk' reminder to myself, she has produced another quilt. It's unreal. She is the kind of person who can look at anything anyone ever made and immediately know how to make it herself. And then make it perfectly. She's a very intimidating person to make gifts for. ;) 


Once upon a time we would take trips together (here, here and here, and here and kind of here). I miss those days. Hopefully this award is an incentive for her to keep featuring the amazing things she makes on her blog; I am convinced that what she actually shows publicly is only the tip of the iceberg.


3. Parrish Platz.
I also know Jennifer of Parrish Platz from working with her at Patch Multi-Crafts. I met a lot of great people there and I miss it! She is the ideal combination of sweet, hilarious, and just a little mean. Don't screw with her. Jennifer I miss working with you! Her blog is full of great photography of her creations and her cute kids. She's also amazing at all crafts, but specifically sewing. She inspired me to start embroidery. And she is obsessed with mushrooms! Even though she doesn't eat vegetables. You have to know her to get it, I think. :) 

4. Cuckoo Kinder
 Kara has great, unique taste and sews, makes jewelry, designs her own patterns and her own fabric, crochets, etc. She is a sweetheart and very nature and environment-minded, which I adore. She has a beautiful Etsy shop and I already posted about her owl hats!! I think the owl hats speak for themselves. I think they will take her far in life. 


5. Sincerely Kinsey 
I don't know this blogger personally, but have recently fallen in love with her brand new blog. Everything she posts is adorable. She is a professional photographer with an interest in crafts and fashion, and posts easy and cute tutorials that are exactly my style, like the nest necklace above. 

***


Lots of people tell me they don't get the point of reading or writing a blog, especially one that's mostly about traveling and crafts. But, since my coworkers' bullying me into starting one three years ago, i have grown to love it! Some people criticize that it's not 'real' because you're only focusing on pretty pictures, nice trips and things you deem 'successes'. But nobody says a blog has to encapsulate every part of your life; it's not a personal diary. I have made some recipes that turned out uuuggggllllyyyy that nobody wants to see photos of, and, on a deeper level, I have had some experiences or some days that I just don't want to share with all of cyberspace. Rather, I want to log onto an inspiring space in a community of like-minded people who are talking about things that interest me and who just get why I might be so excited about buying some new beads. I have meaningful, personal relationships in my life that i wouldn't trade for the world, and then I have my blog. And I love both!! 


xoxo

How have I not heard this Elvis Christmas song before now??? It's quality.


3 comments:

Megitan said...

Eek, Jenny, what lovely words and stuff! Yeah, I totally didn't know about the 200-subscribers rule and linked up to some way more popular blogs than that :/

Anyhoo, that's so sweet of you to say such lovely things plus OMG SATURDAY GURGHRLIRH. Miss you gurl!

M.

Katelyn R. said...

Awww Thanks Jenny. I kind of want to read my blog now... you make me sound awesome. PS. that's why I have flickr. You can easily see all my stuff and they link back to my posts. When are you updating yours??? also get pinterest!

sincerelykinsey said...

Awe! Thank you so much! This is so kind of you. And great thoughts on being positive when it comes to sharing in the blog world! :) Your blog is so cute!
xo, Kinsey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...