Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving


Happy (late) Thanksgiving!

Yesterday, my roommate Mara, my boyfriend, and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for thirteen people.


Even though I kind of cooked Thanksgiving in first year with a friend, it was a last minute thing and we didn't have a real turkey or anything... but this actually tasted like real Thanksgiving, so i consider it like the first one I (we) ever cooked. It was fun!!! I wasn't as stressed out as i thought i would be at all! Just enjoying the preparation while drinking the cooking wine...



Making the stuffing.



Everything was beeeaauuutiful, especially our turkey.


 We went traditional with a turkey, stuffing inside and out, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans with pancetta, cranberry sauce, gravy, and one large pumpkin pie with lots of individual pumpkin baby pies (which were Mara's genius and adorable idea). Oh FYI, our 'small' turkey which should serve 5-7 was actually huge and we still have leftovers even though we ate a lot! TURKEY SANDWICHES YESSSS. We had a mix of following Martha Stewart online recipes, recipes my mom does, and just kind of winging it.

We had a very international group with German, Scottish, Italian, English, Austrian, Norwegian, Hungarian, Canadian, and of course my strange American-French mixture, so it was a lot of people's first Thanksgiving and it was fun to bring a new tradition to people. 




It was cozy and cheesy and perfect in the nicest way with the wind howling outside and the Christmas music, candles and fairy lights inside.


I'm thankful for such great friends, and having an amazing boyfriend who takes such good care of me and makes me laugh so much, and for the best family I could ask for, and for the opportunities I have to study in Scotland and to travel so much, and to meet exciting people and see exciting places. I try not to take any of it for granted...

I'm also thankful for mini pumpkin pie leftovers.

I hope all my American friends had lovely Thanksgivings too, and I hope everyone is taking the time to think about what they're thankful for. Don't take anything for granted! There's always so much when you start looking!
xoxo

3 comments:

Yash... said...

Wow! Congratulations... Looks and sounds like it was yummy.

Kelly's Korner said...

How fun! I love introducing Thanksgiving to non-Americans. Great job cooking! It look YUMMY!

Corinnea said...

So glad you had a wonderful day! It all looks yummy and perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...