Sunday, November 13, 2011

Landan Dahling

 Since September, my sister has the incredible fortune of studying photography in London. And i do mean IN London; she is a ten-minute walk from Waterloo and the London Eye (not jealous, not jealous, not jealous). So being the sweet loving sister that I am, I begrudgingly fulfilled my responsibility of visiting her a couple weeks ago.

I didn't take too many photos (gasp) cause we were mostly too busy goofing around, finding delicious food on the cheap, shopping, and running around like crazies. It was nice. 
 A stroll along South Bank in the sun. Since we lived in England when we were younger I've been to London many times but i never get bored of it! Can you believe the population of greater London is 20 million while the population of my wee SCOTLAND is... 5 million. No wonder everyone always forgets about us. 

We had an afternoon in Camden, which I think has become my favorite London neighborhood. The alternative, hip and downright weird part of the city is so awesome for unique shopping and foooooood. The Stable Market is a covered labyrinth-like series of semi permanent stalls selling every food you can think of, and EVERYTHING you ever wanted to wear or own. I know I'm describing it now but really it's indescribable.  
 

For example the little sushi man who makes whichever roll you want, exactly how you want it, and hardly charges you anything for it!! Loove Camden.

Chinatown by night. Another amazing area.
 
 
We also stumbled onto the Southbank Real Food Market, which runs every weekend and has incredible-smelling stalls sizzling with amazing exotic foods as well as classics. I had an organic juicy burger and Mad had a Turkish spinach and cheese wrap thing mmmmmmmmmmm.

 Le London Eye.

 You can't tell but this is an actual real red London bus we're sitting in! It's the little things that make me happy...

I <3 you schwessielein. 

xoxo

5 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds fantastic!

You know, I've been to London a couple of times but I kind of thought it was just a city with historic sites and stuff. I don't think I ever spent an afternoon just wandering around one of the neighbourhoods... Will definitely have to give it another chance.

Corinnea said...

You two are so stinkin cute. Glad you had a wonderful sisters time!

Kelly's Korner said...

Hi Maddie! Hi Jenny! Looks like awesome fun! (Not jealous... not jealous... ) :)

Jennifer said...

fun fun fuuuuunn!!! Love the photos Jenny!

Katelyn R. said...

The two of you are so perfect! I need to get me a sister. Glad you all are still able to visit each other with your busy school schedules! When is Maddie starting a photography blog? or does she have one already?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...