Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cake Stand Display

I made the most adorable cake stand/ jewelry display ever! All from charity/thrift shop finds! I bought this small wine glass and matching saucer-bowl combo at Shelter for £2.50 (about $4 or 5)! Add a little superglue, let it dry, and presto.


I was shopping at John Lewis and almost (like a FOOL) used a gift certificate on a cute but unnecessary jewelry display before I remembered my whole 'why buy when you could make' policy and luckily came back to my senses. It's an idea I had a long time ago and forgot about til now. £2.50 instead of £25. Cha-CHING. 



On a side note, is anybody else super possessive and weird about gift certificates? By this I mean the greatest excitement is actually having them and thinking of all the things you could get for free, rather than actually spending them? I hoard them like you wouldn't believe and I'm always so sad to see them go... usually holding out for that one perfect thing, and then I realize it's about to expire so I end up making a rushed decision. But not this time... cause John Lewis vouchers don't expire baby! Which means I will probably be buried with it...


It's getting so cozy here! What with being so far north, the sun has basically set by 4pm so it's definitely candle time.


It will be so perfect for holding rings and pendants and to hang earrings off the side for my upcoming Christmas craft show. Which is next week! ahhhh!

xoxo

5 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Very cute Jenny! I don't hoard gift certs, but I do hoard loyalty cards. When I get to that free burger meal (or whatever) I save it and start a new one JUST IN CASE one day I'm broke and hungry! :)

pearlswirl said...

Kelly, I totally understand! I used to be like that, except now I'm a student, most of the time I AM broke and hungry! HAHAHA. But seriously.

Corinnea said...

Very clever display! Good for you for being thrifty. Maybe you'll be rewarded with that one amazing thing you never knew you needed when you go to that store next....

Jennifer said...

super cute display!

Katelyn R. said...

Sorry for being a crummy commenter... But I have been faithfully reading all your posts! I love this!!! it's so you and so clever, Also I love the first pair of earrings! I miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...