Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dear June...

... what happened man? You've changed. You used to be so warm, so friendly and inviting, so sunny. In years gone by you gave us BBQ's, carelessly running through the park or on the beach, and shorts which, in retrospect, may have been slightly too short. Still, we had some good times. Lately I feel like I don't even know you. You've gone distant, grey and cold. So, so cold. I just wanna go back to the way we were before. Come back. I miss the old you.

WHAT I WANT FROM JUNE

WHAT I'M GETTING FROM JUNE

Apart from the undesirable weather, my summer is going well so far! It started officially for me about 3 weeks ago after I had my last exam. Since then I've been suuuper relaxed (too relaxed). I've been taking lots of shifts at work, going out, attempting to learn Italian through absorption by hanging out with roomfuls of them (much vino has been drunk). I am loving being in the city outside semester time, which hasn't really happened much yet since I went home for the entire summer last year. I feel like I actually live here, and not just study here. It's a good feeling! And of course I've been making beautiful things, but nothing quite ready to be revealed yet. But in the meantime I'll show the mini vase I painted at a pottery place a few years ago with Katelyn in Munich. That trip was sooo fun and I never showed the vase...

Isn't it cute! Especially with my Japanese lemonade bottle stolen from the sushi restaurant and the bamboo I am plant-sitting for a friend. HAHA. my friends are so cool they give me real live plants to look after.

At least something nice about Edinburgh June is that we hardly have any actual night hours because we're so far north... the above photo is from 11 pm, and it starts getting light again around 2:30-3 am ish!!

Surrounding myself with fresh flowers so it feels like summer... yes I have resorted to playing mind games likes this with myself. I'm also leaving my curtains open all night for a chance of catching enough sunshine in the morning to wake me up, and if you know anything about me you know I have a phobia of sleeping with the curtains open... THANKS A LOT JUNE.

And finally... a bundle of ribbon I rescued from the trash used as table decorations at a wedding I was working at. There are about 50 strips of a foot long... Who would throw this away?!? Now, who has ideas for what I can do with this? It's really good quality! If the ideas are good enough I might do a giveaway...

My sister introduced me to this amazing band after she saw them in March and i've had this song below on repeat for about 40 minutes.

Hope all your Junes are living up to your expectations...
xoxo

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

We should take a little bit of your weather, and a little bit of my weather, and mix them together! It's been super hot here--around 100°F-- and we could use a bit of a cooling off. I love the flowers, though. :)

You could use the ribbon in your jewelry presentation, or make book marks, or make pretties to adorn rear-view mirrors, or make bracelets like the ones Jennifer made, or make hair bows...

Corinnea said...

So it would probably seem nasty to tell you that we kayaked today.... downside is I forgot to put sunscreen on my legs. Can we say fried??

I hope you get some warmth there soon. Cold makes me cranky.

Katelyn R. said...

The good news is that as i'm writing this it is cold and rainy here too! I love your vase, I was just looking at mine yesterday, we did good. Oh and the ribbon... I see another pillow in your future!

Danielle Barbe said...

beautiful flowers! hope things start warming up soon!

Yash... said...

Trying to save the kittens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...