Monday, May 23, 2011

Manly Pouf Pillow

... if such a thing even exists; here is my attempt.
Davide started using my first pouf pillow for his ab workouts and I realized how useful these pillows are! Although let's be honest here, mine spends 99% of its time propping up my back while I watch TV on my laptop. But it's just as good for those who are work-outly inclined. So I made him a little present.

Manly fabrics are surprisingly hard to find! What did women do back in the day when their entire job was to sew manly things for their manly men?? But i guess you can't go wrong with black and white, and a bit of orange which is his favorite manly color.

The first one was Amy Butler's Gumdrop Pillow and I borrowed the pattern from Katelyn. But this time I had to draw up my own pieces. Turns out Amy is much better at this than I am. I made each piece too wide and had to add in pleats so the top piece would sit flat. I think we can all agree that this pillow looks a little 'off' somehow but I did stuff it some more after I took the pictures and it (kind of) helped. I still like it in its own special way.


And he does too. So that's all that matters.

P.S. To those that tried to enlarge the photos and laugh at the imperfect wonky shape--i made them small on purpose! MWAHAHA.

P.P.S. Don't deny it. You know you tried to enlarge them.


I was just introduced to The Twang and they're sooo good! Enjoy el song, peace out muchachos.
xoxo



3 comments:

Megan said...

Hey, cool background! I like what you've done with the place : P

x

Corinnea said...

I think you did a great job! I'm not sure I'd have tried to draw my own pattern for this one and if I did, I'd probably have the same pleats.... Glad your manly man likes it.

Jennifer said...

very brave of you to make a pattern! I wouldn't! Really good job:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...