Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inked Up!

This is my very early birthday present to myself! Aren't I lucky that I'm so thoughtful!? For my 7th and 14th birthdays respectively I got different parts of my ears pierced and wanted to continue the tradition with 21! But i didn't want any more piercings specifically... but this is something I wanted to do for a while!

I did the script myself with pen and paper and then the tattoo guy did an identical stamp of it. What kind of person would I be if I had someone else create my create tattoo??! I love that it's completely my writing. This picture is right after I came home yesterday.

I was so shocked by how easy the whole thing was! I went in yesterday morning to try and make an appointment for some point in the future but he said he had a spot that afternoon or else nothing for months so I did it! And I was surprised by how little it hurt!!! I guess it's not that sensitive an area; and it only took 25 minutes! As i was walking out i was in total disbelief and am still a bit afraid that this is all a dream and i'll wake up tattoo-less tomorrow morning!

Of course I thought a lot about it and how to do it tastefully, in a not too obvious location but still something I could see a lot. It's on the inside of the left wrist and of course it reads left to write and inwards towards my body, not out as it seems in the mirror shot.

I went to Red Hot And Blue Tattoo and for anyone in Edinburgh, I totally recommend it! The guy studied at Rhode Island School of Design and was friendly and made me feel comfortable. And the studio was really clean and hygienic, and they opened all the sealed equipment in front of me! What a cool experience overall, so glad I did this!

xoxo

4 comments:

Corinnea said...

Happy Very Early Birthday! ha ha

I do think that if you take the time to do something permanent on your body that making the design yourself is the thing to do. Glad it makes you happy!

Jennifer said...

I LOOOOOOOVE it! So cool and CREATive! Love it Jenny!!

Adrienne said...

LOVE it! It definitely suits you. :) Happy early birthday to you!

Kelly's Korner said...

Wow! that's pretty neat! You did a great job with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...