Sunday, April 24, 2011

Quilty

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

I've been secretly working on this quilt for the past few weeks as a birthday present for my mom! And the best part is... she totally had no idea! Just call me Ms. Stealth.

Putting the finishing touches on the binding yesterday at the Schloss Solitude Park with Katelyn, Josanna and Beth and a gorgeous picnic... (it was also my last time seeing Josanna before she moves, I'LL MISS YOU!!!!!!!)

It's the second quilt I've ever made and for this one I did EVERYTHING myself; the grueling task of picking the assorted fabrics out, sewing the quilt top, the actual quilting and the binding! I did free motion machine quilting on a Bernina machine and I hand-finished the binding the traditional way! The backing is cream with tiny little roses and vines printed on. AHHH I am so proud of myself! If i sound like I'm bragging it's because I am...

Thanks to Katelyn for these photos.

Frolicking in the park with my newly-made quilt?

YES PLEASE.

Happy Easter to all!
xoxo

7 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

It turned out great! I'm proud of you for doing it all yourself and stitching the binding by hand!

TheBlackForrist said...

Congratulations... it's really really pretty. Shouts spring!

lizy said...

It's Gorgeous! So proud of you Jenny ;)

Corinnea said...

Go Jenny! It's fantastic! Your mom will treasure it.

Adrienne said...

Great quilt! Love the colors. :)

Yash... said...

It looks even better "live" than in those great photos. Congratulations.

Jennifer said...

This is so beaufitul and I know she will love that you made every thing (except actually made the cotton)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...