Thursday, March 3, 2011

Carnival Beauty

My Venice Jetsetter Necklace was featured in two treasuries on Etsy this week! Both carnival themed of course. This is one of my favorite times of year-- it brightens up the dull winter and creates such an intoxicating concoction of beauty and intrigue... Think I'll never stop harping about that trip I took to Venice for Carnevale that one year...





So proud to see my jewelry being showcased around the Etsy community!

Like I was saying.... beauty and intrigue...


feast your eyes on this bad boy I made at CreateSociety.
I'm aware that it's pretty shaggy-carpet-esque, but this is really just a trick of the bad light and photo. An unfortunate reality that you have to deal with when you get too lazy to take real photographs of your already-borderline-shaggy-carpet-like handmade items. But that's me you know. Making members of the trendy craft revolution everywhere so proud. But fo realz, it's cooler in person.
This is neither the first, nor even the second, carnival mask I have made myself. It is in fact the third. Why do people never invite me to their masked balls?!

Now this movie is beauty and intrigue for real... have you seen it? If you, like me, are easily mesmerized by beautiful but mysterious things, I would recommend it. Strange? yes. Scary? yes. Fascinating? yes. A classic S.S.F. (who else is thinking I should become a movie critic...)
And finally, this supercool fort was over on Compai Blog a few weeks ago. I love the idea (recalls childhood forts made of couches and sheets) and the style (boho-chic). It inspires me totally and completely. loooooooooooooooooooove. <3

I have so much more in my life than this! Really I do! I just got back from Brussels and Brugge with my man (!!) and have lots more photos to come but also am heading into Deadline Country on the Stress Express... we shall see...

6 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

congrats on the treasuries! i think your mask is "shaggy" chic! ;)

Corinnea said...

You always make me laugh. I like your crazy.
Congrats on the treasuries!
Your mask is lovely. I'd have a ball and invite you if I weren't so busy doing yard work right now.
Brugge *sigh* I love that place.
Yikes I think I need a vacation.

Yash... said...

Re: Shagginess, you could just pretend they're really long eyelashes.

Nice review of Black Swan, but if you ask me, it's the Love Fort that's SSF: Strange, Scary, Frightful.

Jennifer said...

You ARE a nutter! I love the 1st picture! And I would invite you to my party:) Congrats on the treasury 2x! Soooo cool!

Padmasari said...

WOW! Congrats on the treasuries!!

PS:
I love your blog.

pearlswirl said...

Thanks you guys! :) Now i feel like the bee's knees...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...