Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Panda-Butt and More...

I really want to show off something crafty and amazing that someone else made... for me...!! My boyfriend made this little panda keychain for me for Christmas! He is one of the characters from a little story he wrote for me... actually an ongoing fable with new installments. You know how some popular books come with little stuffed animals of the main character... well this is his take on that. He carved the shape out of wood, drew the front and back on paper and then sealed it all together.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have been known on occasion to talk to the little guy while I'm pulling my keys out of my bag on the street. Calling to him in fact... "are you there??? I know I remembered to stick you in my bag before I left!!!" You wouldn't judge if you had one of your own.

And now... something made by me because I love the sweet sound of my own typing. And don't pretend you don't love it too...


This is my spin on the Ephemera Mobile from Pip Lincolne's adorable Meet Me At Mike's book, made for CreateSociety.




It's a wire coat hanger twisted into a circle, wrapped in twine and suspended from clear fishing wire.



What a baby might see if I subjected it to sleeping under my vintage-tastic, but not at all soothing, mobile.



Well, it is soothing to me, at least.




I have been informed that, sadly, the soft harmonies and subtle chord progressions I usually attach at the end of posts don't display for people outside the UK. Blast you, international lifestyle!!!!! :(

xoxo

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that he wrote a story for you! That's better than a song because then he might sing it too and who knows if he can sing?? Awkward! The mobile is freakin' adorable!!! You make it look so easy..I should make one just to make one because it's so cute!

Corinnea said...

Oh yes, when your guy makes stuff for you, it's awesome. The panda is very cute.

Love your mobile. Ever since my daughter made one I want one too and now you've made one...

TheBlackForrist said...

Panda!!! Silas would be super jealous. it's SO cute... esp the butt! that last pic of your mobil is great! I love Meet Me At Mikes!

Yash... said...

You're so funny.

BTW, SOME videos do play. They ("the Man") do that just to complicate things... No standardization, that's what's wrong with the world. It's a disaster, I say.

http://write-light.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...