Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Britmania



A Union Jack pillow! Is it not perfect!?!
In true Make Do And Mend spirit this is made entirely from repurposed things already lying around the house!


The gloriousness of it all just overwhelms me.
All it took was one KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON poster for the living room and I started doing that thing I do where I can't rest or have a coherent thought til I've made something totally frivolous and useless. See the cupcake? See that poofy flower pillow??!


I sewed strips and triangles onto a plain white cotton (former gigantic pillowcase) for the Crosses of Saint Andrew and Saint George. I clipped the edges and threw it in the washing machine to fray them up nicely and then embroidered for the Cross of Saint Patrick. Of course I did this to avoid having to piece the whole thing together, but I think I'll maintain that I was going for a rustic look.

Now I want these things to match my new Union Jack-y life.













5 comments:

corinnea said...

Awesome pillow! Seriously. Awesome. I really want to see your place full of all these things....especially the phone booth!

Adrienne said...

I'm loving the Union Jack pillow, I'm glad you didn't piece it! Not that there's anything wrong with piecing, of course, but it's just charming the way it is.

Kelly's Korner said...

Oh I like it!! I love the raw edges! Your other finds are fun too. I bet you could do the teapot. But please, for the love of all that is good, RESIST THE SOFA. Thank you. :)

Maddie said...

You want a telephone booth in your flat?? Might add an interesting touch. I'm going to see it soon! Sooo excited!

Megan said...

OMG HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE TO HAVE A PHONEBOX IN OUR FLAT?!?! We need one, now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...