Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Different Kind Of Top...

...a quilt top that is!

If you had told me two years ago when I started working at PMC that one day I'd make a quilt for myself I may have spat in your face. I was sooooo not quilty. But that was before I understood. Understood that quilts are cool, understood that these sorts of things take over your life, understood that talking to fabric is so much more rewarding than talking to people...
Yes, Patch Multi-Crafts, the transformation is complete.


This is my baby, and I love it like any good mother would. I'm so proud! It features 6 lines: Mercer Street by Robert Kaufman, Recess by American Jane, Jitterbug by Cosmo Cricket, Freebird by Momo, Hope Valley by Denise Schmidt and Mother Goose by Indygo Junction. I love how eclectic these fabrics are together, because the prints don't necessarily 'go' with each other but the colors all make it work and it's really pulled together without being matchy matchy. Which fits my style perfectly.


I finished the backing tonight and it's getting quilted on Thursday. Yay!


It's for my bed in my apartment in Edinburgh; now I actually have a reason to look forward to the grey, windy and drizzly flinter we'll most definitely be having! I say 'flinter' because fall and winter seem to just merge into one depressing season in Edinburgh. :)

I love the fittingness of having just completed a Turning Twenty quilt a mere month after having turned twenty. Now I'm all growed up.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

It's sooooo pretty, and I would say, very definitely you. Love it! Have fun in Edinburgh this flinter!

Kelly's Korner said...

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. (For the non-nerds, that's from Star Trek.)

Yes, it seems like no one can escape the Patch Arts and Crafts without at least trying a quilt. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Your finished top is so fun! In fact... it's making me think more and more about quilting again.......

corinnea said...

MWAHAHAHAHAH! You. will. never. be. the. same. It is complete.

That is a seriously awesome quilt! I am so proud of you. You will love looking at it everyday. That's the cool thing about quilts. When you wear your clothes, it's hard to see yourself through the day, but with quilts you get to look close up and from afar.... and you get to snuggle with them.

lizy said...

Jenny, this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. Sooo proud of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...