Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Displays for New Designs


These aren't the best pictures but I really wanted to show the new jewelry displays I made; one of the only crafts I've done recently. My jewelry display at the store was supah boring and supah depressing and needed some help.


Made entirely from scratch. I started with thick brass wire and bent it into the shapes I wanted. I painted them antique white (of course!) then glued them together and wrapped them in satin ribbon. Next I painted an old pretty jar on the inside and sealed it. I planted the wires into a little chunk of that floral foam stuff and super-glued it inside the jar. The final step was to fill the jar with pebbles to add weight and superglue those in place. I think it's a really cute look, and holds the necklaces far enough apart that they can be seen separately, which was the problem with the last one.


A regular boring velvet bracelet stand with some soft fabric and ribbon accents added. I also decoupaged the foot and put the Pearlswirl touch on it.





In action...

And some designs for the online shop too:




My newest musical obsession is with Cat Power. When I discovered her absolutely amazing cover of Wonderwall my heart almost stopped beating.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

you did such a good job reamking your stuff! i love it!

Adrienne said...

I love your new stands, they look really great! I love how they are truly your own. :)

corinnea said...

I love your new displays!

lizy said...

You are soo good are creating your displays ;) They look great in the store. They are sooo Jenny ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...