Saturday, March 27, 2010

Loch Ness & Scottish Highlands

A few weekends ago I went on a day tour of the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness (it was my birthday present to him). We went on a one-day tour with the highly-recommended Haggis Adventure group, who even gave us free sandwiches!! The sites were absolutely breathtaking.


The ruins of Urquhart Castle, which sit picturesquely on the edge of the huge loch. By the way, don't ever tell a Scot that a loch is a lake. A loch is a loch and a lake is ... well, whatever it is, it can't be found in Scotland.



Urquhart up-close.


We took a Nessie-hunting boat cruise on the loch, and I'm convinced that if you squint long enough towards the middle of the picture, your eyes will start to perceive a dark ripple in the surface. This, I am sure of it, is Nessie.


On our way up to the loch we drove through the Scottish Highlands, that barren land of Sir William Wallace and Braveheart. FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM!


I think this pass is called the Three Sisters. The third one must be there under the fog somewhere.


We're off for a week starting tomorrow morning to Berlin, and after that I'll be stopping home for another week. See you all then!!

5 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

Fun! It's so pretty there!

Katelyn R. said...

OH! and I see Nessie too! You know my middle name is Chessie (which is the monster in the chesapeake bay) So it's like seeing my long lost sister!

lizy said...

Beautiful!!!

corinnea said...

Gorgeous scenery!

KD Designs said...

Cool! I was hoping someone I know would REALLY see Nessie! I know she's there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...