Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tissue Paper Beads

These beads are cute and so much fun to make! I started with a standard glass bead and played around decoupaging different size tissue paper strips to them. I love the way they turned out! (Some of these lovely papers were gifts from my adorable sister.)



Saw this necklace and other similar ones and was totally inspired, so I took the idea and made it my own. I might be in love with this necklace.


It's the perfect substantial weight; doesn't feel cheap or light but I can definitely wear it out all night without it being too heavy. The larger beads are wood, so they're really not heavy at all, and ensure that the necklace doesn't lose its shape.


This one is definitely for me, but I'm considering selling necklaces like this in my shop. I've done a search and there don't seem to be any others like this out there. What are you honestly thinking? Would you like to see this necklace for sale in the Pearlswirl shop?


Someone always complains that I don't show model shots of my jewelry. You know who you are, and you're welcome. ;)


Versailles Necklace, for sale now in the shop. This charm is from an old pair of stud earrings that my flatmate Marianne doesn't want anymore. I told her I would make her a necklace with one if she let me use the other for my shop. What a deal dahling, I do declaehhh.
Edit: Versailles Necklace now sold!



I always love Carnival season and though there aren't really any celebrations in this part of the world, I'm sad that I didn't think about it until it was over this year! In honor, here's one of my favorite photos from my trip to Venice last year with Hannah and Katelyn. Ladies, can you believe that was already a year ago? Sigh...

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know who I am!! And I'm so happy to see these on you. Now I can see how long they are and where they will fall on your neck. These are really pretty and I definitly think you should put some in your shop. Why not??

Katelyn R. said...

Oh, I want one! I'm in love with it! you have to do some with newspaper font though.... and make it a little bit longer, and then I'm happy! I can't believe it's been a year either! I want to go back so bad, and its depressing seeing all these people buying mask making stuff for it.

corinnea said...

I should have known it was Jennifer!! I do think you should put the necklace or one like it in your shop! Very nice as usual.

KD Designs said...

I love the beads! I think maybe the necklace should be a little longer... not sure. But I love the beads!

lizy said...

Beautiful... I had seen something like that in a blog and I thought what a cool idea... You should definitely put some in your shop....

Sydney said...

I'd love to see that type of necklace in your shop! Very fun and pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...