Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Remodel And Things

After repeatedly dying of exhaustion and overworking last week, it looks like I've made an incredible comeback! I had two major papers due on Monday (you will be happy to know I turned them both in on time) and now I can finally breathe. Here's a rundown of my wee Scottish life these days.


Haggis, neeps, and tatties made by moi (but from the store). I was laughed at by several people when I said I was looking for Scottish wine; it's like going to a steakhouse and just ordering a garden salad with dressing on the side. No-no. So I got the next best thing, French obviously.

Flatmate love.


Lead guy from Old Dollar Bill, a bluegrass and folk band we've been to see a couple times. The mop on his head is actually real hair, in case you were wondering. I tugged on it to make sure. I got permission first.



I've "remodeled" my room, which means changed the wall deco and added some fairy lights. When I moved in it looked like this, but I needed a small change (only because a large change isn't possible in this tiny space).


I have been wanting an old-style map for a long time. I am very specific: it has to look antique-y but at the same time be a modern and useful political and terrain map. I hate those brightly colored Ordnance Survey ones. I was looking for a long time without finding anything, until I stumbled on this beauty at a campus poster sale. It is HUGE. And perfect.

My mom did get me this amazing antique map of my home city in France for Christmas. I have to make a frame for it when I get back.


The fairy lights are new.


Winter perfection.


My view (look closely--it's SUNNY!) with postcard collection.


Decoupaged mirror from the amazing Katelyn, new vintage poster print, and tin-card poster from Paris.


Double-representing Oasis.

5 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

Fun! I love getting the oomph to redo things. Your jewelry looks fantastic on that mirror (If I must say so myself...). Glad you got your papers in. Mine are due in a couple of weeks and I still can't come up with topics. I'm completely unmotivated this term.... But I must say, you've almost inspired me to start!

corinnea said...

Do you really eat haggis??? Really?

Glad things are going well, keep up the good work!

pearlswirl said...

Haha Katelyn, you inspire me to sew, so this is how I return the favor! I absolutely love the mirror by the way.

Corinnea, I've had it quite a few times since being here and it is truly TRULY delicious.

Jennifer said...

WHen did you sneak this post in?? I love to redo (as you may know by how I move stuff around the store...adn your jewelry display). You room looks really cool and homey:)

lizy said...

Love the new decorations, you are truly a good interior designer :)Moving things around always lifts up my spirit. I feel like I'm in a new place.... your jewelry is beautiful as always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...