Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Off.

I am leaving this morning. 9.09.09. And we will try our hardest to be out the door at 9:09 am. Has a nice ring to it. My dad and I will drive up to Amsterdam, spend the night and a good portion of tomorrow there visiting the city, and take a ferry tomorrow evening. It's an all night ferry and we arrive (land? dock?) in Newcastle in the morning. From there we drive to Edinburgh. Wooohooooo! Road trip!! Haha.

I have been soooo busy I wanted to post this but somehow couldn't find the time. AND I didn't get to go into the shop a second time! :( Anyhoo, here it is. The Amy Butler Birdie Sling that I made as a laptop and techno bag, but also as a regular carry-all. When my laptop's not in it of course. To anyone who is wondering: it fits the 13 inch MacBook perfectly with enough room for cables etc. I had read some other blogs where people agreed. So it seems that the original pattern will indeed fit a MacBook, and not simply that I botched up the pattern and it ended up being the right size. :) :) :)


Main body is a flannel turned inside out. The "wrong" side of the flannel is still softer than normal cotton but I have the feeling that it won't ball up after time like the flannel side would. I love it. The accents are Recess by American Jane for Moda.


I could spread this lining on a cracker and gobble it up.


I love the unique but retro-y feel of this bag. Which of course begs for a vintage picture. Check.

Leftover Freshcut from my poof (see post below). AND embroidery floss for a top project I've been working on for waaaay too long.



With moving comes organizing. You would not believe (I didn't) the amount of delicious jewelry supplies I actually had sitting on my jewelry table, buried under other supplies and notes to myself. It's crazy! Seeing them all like this gives me craftin' itch. Which may sound a bit repulsive on first hearing, but I promise it's nothing like jock itch.



The last night of schwesterly goofiness for a while. Don't I look ready to go learn big important stuffs?


9 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

Love the bag, We will miss you! Already do! Have lots of fun in Scotland! Expect to see me though, you have no choice!

corinnea said...

Good luck, have fun, learn lots. We already miss ya round these parts.

Adie said...

We will miss you!! Have fun, and post often!

TheBlackForrist said...

you did a great job on the bag, the collection of red fabrics is soooo darling!

Have so much fun, I look forward to reading about you adventures in college!

lizy said...

Jennyyyyy! I am Sorry I missed you :( Your bag came out really cute... I know you will do wonderful things in Scotland. You are a very intelligent young girl. I know that you have a bright future ahead of you :) Have fun and study hard!!!

PS Keep in touch!

Travel Raw said...

I am so excited for you as you start a new great adventure!! Can't wait to hear more! Of course that last picture with your sister makes me miss Germany!

Jennifer said...

I forgot to comment on this post! You already know I Loooooove the bag! I about fell over myself in the store. Really cute.We will miss you (already do!) and will see you at CHristmas, right?

pearlswirl said...

Of course! I'll be one of those customers that shows up at 10:30 to do my Christmas shopping and then I won't understand why nobody's letting me in. So I'll start banging on the windows. It'll be fun! :) :) :)

Catalina said...

What a cute bag! Great job there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...