Monday, September 14, 2009

I Am Sterdam

My fabulous adventure of getting here to my new home is complete. I'm all set up and starting to settle in... fun!! My dad and I travelled through Amsterdam to take a ferry to the UK and that city is fantastic!


It is famous for its canals (although unlike Venice there are also streets with bikes, bikes, bikes. And a few cars too.)


This photo taken by my dad.


Always thinking about the blog...


We had one evening, night and then the next day there. On the full day we rented bikes from our hotel and got to discover Amsterdam the way it is meant to be discovered. I am almost positive that bikes outnumber cars AND boats in the city. It was amazing!


Aren't they cute?!


The architecture was fabulous. Along with the classic tall skinny waterfront houses Amsterdam is famous for, there were also a lot of Art Deco houses and theaters.

...

I am also working on a project or two that I will eventually get around to finishing and showing here. But with the meetings, the parties and, oh yeah, the studying, I am not sure when. I also promise pictures of my new room!


8 comments:

Mary said...

Glad to hear you got there alright. Hope you're having lots of fun!

Katelyn R. said...

I was almost hit by sooo many bikes when I was in amsterdam, for some reason I thought that the bike paths were walking paths.....
Glad your having a good time, now show us where you live!

corinnea said...

It's good to see you! Glad you guys had a fun trip together. Amsterdam is pretty wacky and amazing. Looking forward to seeing your new home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, these pictures are great!!! Wish I had been there... Oh well. Anyway. PICTURES OF APARTMENT PLEASSSSSSE :) Schwess

Jennifer said...

sooo exciting! What a grand way to enter college:) I look forward to seeing your room and all those scottish men! You look really pretty in that picture! Have fun:)

Adie said...

I have to admit I am a little jealous... Your college experience is going to be EPIC! And what a way to kick it off; a trip through Amsterdam!

Travel Raw said...

Looks like a great way to start your new adventure! Very nice pics too!

d-na said...

are you still having nightmarish flashbacks of the bike bells...i am. like katelyn, i didn't recognize the bike paths and was usually in the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...