Saturday, August 15, 2009

Votes, Please!

I'm thinking about changing up my Etsy photos to create maximum impact while still displaying the jewelry in a clear way. I've got a few different styles here, some that I already use in my shop and some new ones that I'm thinking about incorporating. These pictures should be able to grab customers' attention when they're just small thumbnails and surrounded by lots of other pictures. I want YOU, my trusty readers and customers, to vote for your favorite, in terms of interest. Because who doesn't love giving their own opinion? :)

I think the best way to display items on Etsy is to have each of the five photos show the item in a different way or from a different angle, but I'm talking about that first picture, that grabs the shoppers' interest right away. If you have display ideas I don't have here, or if you prefer an item in my shop that's displayed differently from these, please write that in a comment! Thanks. :)

YOUR CANDIDATES ARE:

Picture 1: Sitting on a patterned background, at an angle, rather than head-on. I think that adds interest to the picture.

Picture 2: Hanging from a vintage-y display. Not all these displays are the same but they're all antique white and rustic.

Picture 3: Sitting on a patterned background, with the pearlswirl logo stamped onto the paper. This also adds a sort of watermark to the picture.

Picture 4: Sitting on a book cover, dangling on the spine or the pages, also taken at an angle.

Picture 5: This is a fresh idea I recently got: hanging the earrings from a mason jar with patterned paper behind. I like this because the jar is simple and it allows the color of the background to come through but blurs a potentially distracting pattern.

AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FILL OUT YOUR BALLOTS!
Thanks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the pearlswirl watermark, and the mason jar, oh, and the book...actually, I liked all the ideas! The earrings show up better against a plain background though rather than the prints. But that's just my perspective!! :-) -Tiffany

Katelyn R. said...

I was really thinking patterned paper at first, (probably because that's what i've been doing....) but then i flicked up and down really fast though the photos and the book popped out the most to me. But i think you would only be able to do that with certain items, right?

Adie said...

Interesting results so far! I wonder how many people have voted... I really like the book shot the best, but I think that you should rotate through all of the different display options for your primary photos. That way, as patrons scroll through your offerings, they don't see virtually the same photo over and over.

sasha said...

Ok, I voted for the first, just because in these examples, it sticks out the most/is the most eye catching, but I LOOOOOVE the photo with the jewelry displayed on a book :-) SOOOOO beautiful, and fun!

Marbella Designs said...

I personally like the one with the book. Since we're talking about a small thumbnail shot, the earrings are better visible in the book photo.

pearlswirl said...

Thanks all for voting! Interesting results so far, and not what I would have thought! Katelyn, you're right, not all shapes of earrings would stay propped on a book like that. And Adrienne, Polldaddy.com tells me the 13 people have voted so far.

Anonymous said...

I love them all, but prefer the book because it speaks to me. If I were to buy a set of earrings, which I suppose I might someday, I'd go for that one. However, to conduct a really effective poll, I'd have taken the five different pictures with the same set of earrings. Just my two cents.

Moondoonie said...

Great idea & I'm glad I could be a part of this. I really liked pictures 2 and 4. They were crisp and eye-catching. Rustic, antique white is always a hit among shabby chic-ers!

Sydney said...

I think they are all nice but the one using the book was just so pretty!

Kelly's Korner said...

Sorry I missed this! I really like them hanging from something antique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...