Friday, August 28, 2009

Nice Shoes And Nicer People

Pearlswirl has been selected to be featured on lovelyclusters.com, a new online showcase for handmade items and shops that sorts the handmade goods according to color "clusters"! The lovely Rachel has picked four of my items to feature on the new website, which launched 4 days ago. Below is the "blue cluster" with my Old Rose Inn Bracelet in the bottom left corner. My other items can be found in the pink, beige, and gray clusters. Thanks Rachel!


I just ordered these beauties yesterday from here. I actually hate shoe shopping, never find them in my size and for that reason I don't own that many shoes. However when I stumbled on these while reading here and found myself thinking about them for the next 3 days, I knew what I had to do.
My colleagues had a tiny going-away bash for me yesterday and I was so thrilled and surprised and touched that they broke into their stashes and gave me some really nice pieces that I'm sure they've been hoarding, as well as a really nice cake, a really nice card and some really nice cashola. :) You guys, it was so sweet of you and it makes me feel like I seriously won't be able to leave my job here. I know I'm off to have a fantastic time in college and I know it will be soo great but I will always be so grateful to Patch Multi-Crafts and everyone there for being my first real-life experience and for making it the way it was! I guess it's starting to sound like a Grammy acceptance speech or something so I guess I'll wrap this up ... and I also want to thank my parents for always believing in me... haha :) :) :)


Deliciously soft velvet ribbon from Jennifer in the deep, rich colors that I love.

A fantastic drapey Japanese damask from Corinnea. I just love how unique it is (this is all one solid cut of fabric.) It's really hard to photograph though and I'm not sure I did it justice.

Tina Givens' Cloe's Imagination, Heather Bailey's Freshcut, and Laura Heine's Almost Poppy from Katelyn. Now the pressure's on to make something with three times as much fabulous as usual. I think I'm up to it...

4 comments:

Jennie said...

So many lovely things! What a nice day it turned out to be for you. The going away gifts are especially lovely, can't wait to see what you do with the fabric.

TheBlackForrist said...

Sorry i hadn't heard about your going away Jenny... I have some beauties I could have added =( But I am glad I caught you at the store friday and I will surely keep up with your blog!

Rachel Follett said...

Aren't those color clusters fun?! They are definitely my favorite part of the site. Thanks so much for mentioning Lovely Clusters. Your jewelry is beautiful and we are thrilled to have your products featured on our site. Have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you liked everything. The shoes are super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...