Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Was Framed!

Haha. This weekend I was very productive and frame-y. Here are two glass mosaic frames I started working on months ago and finally finished grouting and cleaning Sunday. I love them, and can't decide what I'll do with them. Maybe little mirrors?? I've been very inspired by home deco ideas recently. I think maybe I'm nesting for my quickly upcoming move to dorms. I still can't believe it is actually happening! I'm moving in on 12 September!! So I'm in a very home-y and nesty mood.


Continuing... here are some dry erase boards I made to sell at the shop, although with the aforementioned nesting, I think I want to keep this one: I decoupaged a wooden frame with tissue paper I bought here. I then stuck down Wallies Dry Erase vinyl to the glass from the frame, sealed it all in, and stapled a ribbon to the back.



For this one I found a Latin poem and copied it onto some white tissue paper (is that too tacky??) along with some music notes copied from sheet music. I tore them all up, decoupaged them on, and distressed the whole thing with black ink. It's a little more rustic but I can just see it in a country-inspired kitchen as a shopping list or recipe board.


Speaking of nesting, I am listening a lot to KT Tunstall (a Scot of course) in preparation and this is currently my fave song. Love it!


2 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Cute idea!

LOVE KT Tunstall!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe you're leaving us! All the frames are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...