Friday, June 26, 2009

Meanwhile, In The Real World...

I have practically forgotten about the blog for almost two weeks! Most unlike me... well, here's what's been up in the real world during my virtual world absence:

Some new delightful delights, to be listed in the shop over the next few days. As always, if you're interested in one now, just send me a convo for a reserved listing!
Strawberry Lime Sorbet Necklace

Still in need of a good name

I think I'll keep this one for myself, although I haven't decided for sure yet. The heart is one of a kind, so it's hard to part with...


On Father's Day, I went to Hohenzollern Castle with my parents. It's about an hour's drive away and totally worth it. Here's the view from the road... it was a muggy day (though surprisingly cold) so the shot's not very good. But it was such a sight to see! Very majestic and impressive and grandiose and all that jazz.


Here's the super-dee-dooper slippers they made us wear so our shoes wouldn't scratch up the old floor. We were all able to realize our dreams of becoming world-class figure skaters.



And here's more in the crafty vein: I'm having a blast cooking! Not really anything fancy (and rarely from a recipe). I'm just following my nose and having a ball!


Pasta with shrimp, avocado, fried bell peppers, and gruyere. Mmmm.

Caprese Salad. Mmmmmmmm.


And some diseased-looking (but totally delicious, I promise!) sushi. I took a class at work for this one. And I'm so glad I did! The classes at Patch Multi-Crafts are just fantastic! (A subtle little work plug never hurt, especially when your bosses read your blog! HA!)

Hope you all had fantastic weeks in the real-world like I did!

8 comments:

Jenny P. said...

I love the necklace you're wearing, you shoudl definitly keep it! Why no picture of your bangs? I have never been so jealous/envious of someones haircut till now:) You look stunning!

the earrings you don't have a name for...the look victorian (the rose) or Tudor period...the "Tudor Rose" (my favorite period)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_rose

Katelyn R. said...

love the jewelry! I've worn those shoes a couple of times before.... they're super fun (and flattering to your foot size)!

Adie said...

omg!! We went to Hohenzollern Castle whiles my parents were here, and I have an identical picture of our feet! Aren't those slippers funny?

And, weirdly enough, I just had caprese salad Thursday night, we went to a friends for dinner for Bran's birthday. It was delicious!

The jewelry looks great, as always!

lizy said...

Jenny, LOVE the jewelry!!! You should keep the heart necklace it is beautiful (you know I love your jewelry). The food looks delicious, I didn't know you were a chef too :) I have worn does slippers they are really fun. I almost busted my butt racing my son in one of the castle in Berlin.
By the way, I like the highlights. Glad you were able to pamper yourself :- )

Marbella Designs said...

Beautiful pieces!
That castle looks awesome, I would love to visit.

pearlswirl said...

Thanks you all!

Jennifer: thanks! you are adorable! Maybe i will post them... and I do also like Tudor Rose...
Katelyn: i am already self-conscious about my feet... but this way everyone can be conscious together!
Adie: Yummmmmm.
Lizy: they're not highlights! It's the sun that does this to my hair every year.

Kelly's Korner said...

You're so cute! The jewelry is lovely, that photo of the slippers is cool! and mmmmmmmmm sushi......

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Hello Jenny,
Thanks for visiting me and your lovely comment. Your Blog is also beautiful and interesting. I love your vintage postcard collection (I collect them too!) That castle is spectacular and the Sushi looks delicious!
Keep the heart. You will probably regret it if you let it go!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...