Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Inspiration From Everywhere


As I'm sure many of us do, I often get caught up exploring the crafty online universe. You know how it is; from blog to blog, Etsy shop to Etsy shop, Flickr to Flickr, tutorial to tutorial... I'm sure (read: I hope) I'm not the only one who falls into this dreamy trap. It can seem like wasting time, but I've come to realize that for someone who thrives on the creative process, it's necessary! 
The digital metamorphosis that seems to be taking place in virtually every aspect of life, for all its problems, has opened up a fabulous new window for those who seek inspiration in all aspects. We are now never far from having a crafting question answered, viewing art that feeds the soul, or virtually exploring the ins and outs of a far-off city's alleyways. And I am pleased as punch to be able to take part in all of it. Today I'm inspired by the gorgeous work of Daniela Kamiliotis, as captured in The Selby.

Beautiful photos from here. 

{P.S. I posted this and noticed something and I've just gotta share: Look at the timestamp of this post! Now how lucky is that?! }

4 comments:

sasha said...

I get caught up in wandering quite often, so you aren't alone! ;) By the way, thank you SO much for setting aside (and so sneakily, I might add!!) the jewelry my mom bought for me!!! You are wonderful, it's GORGEOUS!!! And I was so incredibly happy when I opened the box! I had no idea :) THANK YOU!!! I still want to order probably all that you have on hold for me, even though one is the same (just in silver, and I LOVE both colors!!!) :) I'll order them within the next couple of days....wow! Sorry for the novel! ;)

Jenny P. said...

I truly feel like my life is better and worse since I discovered crafting blogs and started my own. I try not to look at it as wasting my time but sometimes it really is:) I have never ever been so inspired and crafty as I have been this past year and a half! It's awesome! It's nice to hear other people say the same thing.

Moondoonie said...

I spend more time dreaming than creating. I think it's a natural part of the process. OR maybe I use it as an excuse to avoid cleaning my studio??? Not sure but dreaming is way more fun than cleaning up!

lizy said...

Ohhh Jenny, You are definitely not alone on this... I find myself doing this for hours. I love seeing all the amazing things people make. I get inspired and then you know what happends, back to the shop to spend more money....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...