Monday, June 8, 2009

A Colorful Weekend

What I needed on this rainy and dismal weekend (I mean really, it's June, people!) was a pop of color. So I went and found some. And when I say "weekend", I include Monday a) because I don't work Mondays and b) just because I can and I'm in that kind of mood today. Better not contradict me, I'm just sayin...

Anyways, first I made some sets of tagbags to sell at the shop. These babies are addictive to make and use. I know this from experience. Let us hope they are equally addictive to buy. I've made the hole-punched tags before but this time I also made some sets of sticker tags. I just punched some adhesive scrapbook paper; the kind you peel off a sheet. They're cute too! I don't know why, but I just have an obsession with tags. They're somehow magical... like they've been sprinkled with fairy dust or something. :)

Next, I finished the Amy Butler Frenchy Bag I've been working on. If this isn't a pop of color, well then I don't know what is. Just looking at it makes me sooo happy! I was inspired to try this fabric combo (Anna Maria Horner Garden Party) from a little girl's dress Jennifer made a while back. I bought it months ago and was too afraid to use it. But this was my second Frenchy and I must say, my sewing skills are greatly improving. I'm really pleased and I'll be debut-ing my Frenchy tonight at the pub.

And to top off the weekend, I started (and almost finished) decoupaging this lampshade with a new scrapbooking line: Kraft Kuts from Fancy Pants. We just got the line in at work and this sample will be displaying how amazingly cute the line looks when you do something with it. I'm not really happy with that ribbon so I might still be changing it. What do we think? Yay or nay?

Well, I'm off to go transfer the (numerous, numerous) contents of my purse into my new Frenchy so I can head out tonight in style. And an added bonus with the bag: it's so yellow that I won't be needing any reflective gear while walking home tonight! Pop of color, indeed. 

Hope all your weekends were colorful and bright! :)

8 comments:

sasha said...

ooooh! I LIKE it all! :) I LOVE the bag! I made a shirt out of the same combo (thanks to Jennifer's inspiration!) for my daughter, and people compliment it all the time! :) Have a good time tonight!! btw...still LOVING my earrings! It's so hard to decide which to wear each day!!!

Adie said...

This weekend was pretty yucky, wasn't it?? I spent most of being lazy, just sitting around the house with my little fambly. Your stuff looks great, love the bag!!

Sydney said...

You need to sell those bags on Etsy...its SO ADORABLE, very jealous over here :)

Katelyn R. said...

LOVE THE BAG!!! it turned out so cute! and that lampshade! when i saw it i thought you had bought it! and then you said you made it, and i was mad that you bought paper somewhere else that i didn't have access to. But... i've calmed down because i realized it was in my bag of stuff to buy. Yeah a lot of thought. A little overboard for tonight.

Marbella Designs said...

wow, you were a busy little girl :)
you made a lot of cool stuff, the purse is awesome!

KD Designs said...

I want to see the lamp in person before I comment on the ribbon. The stuff looks GREAT! I love your tags. I use my set all the time. Sticker tags sound cool too!

Catalina said...

Lovely bag! I love the colour combo!

Jenny P. said...

I adore the bag of course! The tags are very cool and you do well with them in the store.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...