Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crazy Lazy Days

Phew, well, for the past few days I've been home feeling yucky-blucky (sinusitis) and just chilling out. Today I walked over to the local post office to mail Etsy orders. This was my first trip out of the house since I went to the doctor on Monday morning. I know, I know, I live life on the wild side. Luckily I am starting to feel better. Somehow my loss of energy and the ability to breathe has led to great creative muse, as I've been creating, creating, creating!  



First, we have the old display cabinet that's been sitting around the house with no real use. (I think it came with some kind of gift, like a candle burner or something.) I decided to give it the classic Jenny Touch. For those of you who don't know, that means making it look like it's hundreds of years old and has survived several wars. First painted, then sanded and inked, then I created some random holes and scuffs with some tools and sealed it. I also switched out the dinky little door pull that was on it for an antique ceramic one I found at the flea market on this day. 


Here are the lids to two balsa gift boxes I painted and decoupaged with a mixture of stickers, printouts, and vintage postage stamps. I love them!

These three pieces (and lots more!) will be available in my shop in the next few days; if you're interested in reserving one right away, just post a comment or contact me through Etsy.  

Jaded Bracelet


New Mermaid Necklace


French Window Earrings


And here's a sneak peek of something I was hoping to finish today... I got sooo close to being done, but I guess I ran out of steam. Some of you know what it's going to be, some of you will just have to wait and see... but either way, it'll be glorious. Glorious, I tell you!

5 comments:

stregata said...

Jenny, very nice work!

Katelyn R. said...

ha, it's so funny that you made the jade rose bracelet, because last night I just made a necklace with the same beads, and very similar pearls! It's like we almost have the same creative genius!!! Oh, and I love everything as always!!!

Moondoonie said...

That's too funny because I have a cabinet just like that! I found it at a second hand store and I thought it would be a perfect display. I've had it for a few years and I haven't been inspired to do much with it until now...I'll have to pluck it from the 'give it back to the Goodwill' pile because now I see it's potential more clearly now.

Kelly's Korner said...

We know you were playing hookie to be crafty. Haha! JK. Although sometimes I wish I could........ Lovely things as usual!

pearlswirl said...

Thanks Renate!

Katelyn, great minds... it's all I'm sayin.

Moondoonie, haha. I'm glad I helped you find a use in something which is, truth be told, kind of useless. Useless, but pretty.

Kelly, no comment. haha. Seriously though. I was gross.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...