Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Fun and Other Shenanigans

On Saturday afternoon (arguably the most gorgeous day of the year so far, weather-wise), I had some time to kill downtown. Hmmm. Downtown. Close to vintage flea market. By myself. No one to control me. It was fabulous. Just me, my iPod, and the glorious sunshine shimmering on all the antique goodies. 

I want to host a tea party.

Antique ceramic drawer pulls and knobs. I was telling some of you about my planned project involving lots of these. The rest of you will just have to wait and see!

Pile of junk? Wrong!! These are antique chandelier crystals, just dying to be transformed into earrings. If only there was someone to help them with their plight...

Look how nice it was downtown! It made me wish I had brought along a picnic. 


The reason I had time to kill downtown, is that I was later meeting up with friends to head over to the Cannstatter Fruehlingsfest, which for those of you who don't know, is spring's equivalent to Oktoberfest. It's a giant festival with all sorts of rides and games. Oh yeah, and beer. I love the atmosphere of being there with so many other people, and the weather was soooo perfect! I can safely say that I tested the staying power of kidney earring wires (the ones that close in the back) on those rides that spin you upside down. I still have them as proof! 

Even at the fest, my "vintage-radar" was on and working and I couldn't resist this!


What a perfect place to dance the night away...

4 comments:

Jenny P. said...

can't wait to see what you do with the knobs!

Kelly's Korner said...

Glad you had fun. I want to see what you do with your finds too!

lizy said...

Looks like you had a great time. you always find amazing treasures :)

Leila Marvel said...

Oh my the miniature tea set is just adorable! Don't you just love when it gets nice out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...