Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pretty Parcels

Look at the gorgeousness that's been coming to me in the mail! I love getting packages, especially when they look like this...




My aunt sent me these gorgeous vintage purses. The story of how they came to me is actually quite sad--my aunt found them while sorting through the house of her dad, who recently died; they belonged to my aunt's mom. I'm so grateful and touched that she thought of sending them to me and I love that they have a personal family story behind them. Plus they are just so beautiful! I will lovingly cherish and stroke them for the rest of my life. I mean it. 


I plan to restore the chain on this one; I have some almost identical antiqued brass chain that will perfectly complete it. 


I was at Accessorize, a beautiful and fancy accessory store, two days ago, and saw some vintage-inspired wallets almost identical to this one, only of course very expensive and without the meaningful history. And now I have the real thing! This one also looks handmade; as you can see in the picture, the beading is uneven and not perfectly symmetrical--one more reason to love it!


ANNND, here are my winnings from the wonderful MiaBeads blog giveaway!



She promised a lovely goodie bag of supplies to the lucky winner and that is exactly what I got! She even asked me what my fave colors are! Thanks a million Mia! And while I'm tooting Mia's horn, you should check out her awesome shop too! I love her style. 

What's been gracing your mailboxes recently, friends?

4 comments:

lizy said...

Oh Jenny, they are beautiful!!! You are a very lucky girl to inherit such treasures :)

Sydney said...

Those purses are just gorgeous and to have them handed down makes them even more cherishable.

Adie said...

Gorgeousness, all of it! You're a lucky girl!

sasha said...

oooh, LOTS of beauty in your box! Love it!! I have a couple vintage purses, too! I love vintage purses, hats, and cameras! So much fun, and you always wonder about the stories behind them. Though, it's super cool to have a personal link to those! Thanks for sharing! :) Very pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...