Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Flower Power

I hesitate to say it but... spring is very slowly beginning to... well, spring. Although it technically starts in two days, it's been spring for weeks in my crafty little mind, and here are the results. What says "Yay for Spring!" better than a medley of romantic flowers?

Here's a stand I made to display my jewelry at the shop. I removed one of those wooden body proportion figurines that artists use (what are those things CALLED?!?!) from his stand to form the base and attached a wooden dowel to the top with my trusted ally, Mr. Hot Glue Gun. Then I transformed it into a garden of fairies and enchantment with some ribbon and foam roses.

A closeup of the mystical rose vines. 

Next up we have the flower-overkill tissue paper that I bought in Edinburgh. I am in loooove with it! I've been decoupaging everything that comes near me. So don't stand too close. You never know. 

I'll be consigning this coaster set (including a little holder box) in the shop one of these days.


A little felt brooch, which technically is not a flower, but if you squint your eyes at the screen it kind of looks like one. This one is for my Schwessie. 


And... a very flowery "Loves Me, Loves Me Not" Necklace

Sending springy thoughts your way!

6 comments:

TheBlackForrist said...

your earrings rock!

stregata said...

Hi Jenny,
you have been busy, I see! I love those brass flowers.
Renate

Sydney said...

Everything is so pretty!! I really love those coasters!!

Adie said...

I'm loving the flower earrings that are second from the left in that first photo. Are you going to bring them in to the shop? I'd really like to get a closer look at them. :)

Jenny P. said...

I am so not a necklace person but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this "loves me, loves me not" necklace!! I bet this would be a really cute bracelot..and I love bracelets:) if the flower doesn't hang down too much...

Jenny P. said...

i thought i changed the spelling on bracelet:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...