Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Clock, A Scot, and Some Good Ol' Rock.

Phew! I'm now back from a whirlwind traveling tour that began with Venice, ended with Munich, and had England and Scotland wedged in between!

A Clock: Chester High Street

First, I hopped on a plane to Manchester, England, to stay with my great friend Harri who leaves in a charming little village near Chester. We had the most fantabulous time together (so good that no already-existing word could accurately describe it!): visit to the beautiful Chester, walks at Primrose Hill, sponge-cake at Summertrees Tearoom, dinner at local pubs, drinks at local pubs... all so perfect!

Shopping in the center of Chester.

Past Times, a perfectly vintage-inspired shop that made me feel like I had walked into the past... ahhh...

In front of the gorgeous Chester Cathedral, complete with shopping bag -- all gifts of course .... :)

The Boot Inn, where Harri works. Lovely!!

Next, after a much-too-short visit, I was off to Edinburgh, Scotland, where I met up with my dad and toured the city and University of Edinburgh, which I'll be attending starting in September!!!

A Scot: this stereotypical site greeted me first thing as I exited the train station! No, not everyone wears kilts, but as you can see, some people really do!

Walking to our hotel on the first evening. I just love those clouds...

The Elephant House, a little cafe where one J.K. Rowling sat down some twelve years ago with the idea to write a book about magic...

Edinburgh by night.

And Some Good Ol' Rock: The day after returning from Scotland, I went to Munich with friends, my dad and my sister to see my favorite band of all time, Oasis. Oh man, I'm still soaring from that concert, and probably will be for a while...

Liam, my love.

Noel, my other love.


Ahhh... and with that, I slowly sink back into everyday reality with a strange mixture of pub music, bagpipes, and Wonderwall going through my head...

3 comments:

Kelly's Korner said...

Glad you had so much fun, and congratulations on getting accepted!

corinnea said...

Looks like you had a FANTASTIC week!!! Congrats again on your acceptance! So glad you have the blog so we can keep up with what you're doing! See ya soon!

Jenny P. said...

what a crazy fun week you had! I am so envious that you're going to live in my favorite place! I LOVE Scotland! Love it! What a life you have:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...